John is a licensed psychotherapist and CBT specialist with over 16 years experience. He is the founder and director of Pacific Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Center. He has been licensed to independently practice psychotherapy in California with dual licenses as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA License # MFC 39800) since July, 2003 and a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (CA License # LPC 317) since February, 2013. John is also a certified cognitive therapist as a Diplomate of the prestigious Academy of Cognitive Therapy. He achieved certification in April, 2010. John is co-founder of the National Social Anxiety Center. He is the director of the San Francisco clinic of NSAC.
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- B.S. Psychology, Fordham University, New York, NY
Advanced CBT Training:
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy and Research, Philadephia, PA: Intensive extramural training directed by Dr. Aaron Beck and Dr. Judith Beck.
- San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy, Oakland, CA: Ongoing group case consultation with Dr. Jacqueline Persons.
- Center for Cognitive Therapy, Newport Beach/Huntington Beach, Ongoing individual case consultation with Dr. Christine Padesky.